Interruption of the core tasks
– by pulling team members for days at a time to pull and publish reports rising from inability to identify problematic areas quickly so you can take positive action
Disconnect of those who produce and need reports
– No understanding by the developers of the report as to why it is required and often lack a sense of urgency in compiling the data.
The data is obsolete
– becomes of little use to spotting trends or making critical decisions, you aren’t getting the reports you require or need.
Security breach for report preparation
– practices that lessen strain on the development team but opens up doors to serious data security breach.
Dealing with consultants
– who charge you exorbitant hourly fees before implementation and later charge an extra plus for the implementation.
No single version of truth
– contradicting stories from various sources/platforms in the organization giving rise to Inability to meet customer expectations due to unreliable or inconsistent customer data.
Not understanding the value benefit
– of knowledge management and business intelligence to an organization’s business bottom-line.